Health Certificates

Traveling with your pet? Get a health certificate

If you plan on traveling throughout the United States with your pet, he or she may require a domestic health certificate. Also known as a certificate of veterinary inspection (CVI), a domestic health certificate is proof that your pet's veterinarian has confirmed that that he or she is up-to-date on vaccinations and is disease free. Your veterinarian will provide this document to you after performing a thorough exam and any necessary tests.

Certificates must be issued within 10 days of travel, so be sure to schedule an exam for a health certificate as soon as your travel dates are known. Two important conditions of health certificated are that your pet must be at least eight weeks old and fully weaned before traveling.

Requirements differ from state to state, and airline to airline, so let the staff at Sprayberry Animal Hospital help take the stress off of traveling with your pet for you.

Another helpful resource for additional questions is the USDA - Animal and Plant Health Inspection Services.

tuxedo cat coming out of carrierjpg

Let's us certify your pet is healthy for travel

Sprayberry Animal hospital is your trusted partners in your pet's health and well-being. If you need anything from us, feel free to give us a call at (770) 977-8300. You can also request an appointment with one of our veterinarians below.